Second grade rocks!

Second grade rocks!
L'Ouverture Career Exploration and Technology Magnet Elementary

Monday, July 6, 2015

Presentation Design

This week we began studying presentation design. I had no idea...
 
  • how important color and font of the presentation was. I learned back in high school how important it is to make sure that the color of the background are visible and that it should not over power the presentation. I never thought about having a color theme and looking at advertisements for new color matches. I also learned before that font types and sizes are important so the audience can read and see your information. However I did not realize that each font type is so much different in which some cannot read the more cursive font types.


  • that the presentation is to be a visual display. I remember being told that the less words the better on the screen since you do not want your audience to read and listen at the same time. I now know the six lines and six word recommendation. I also fall short on using bulletin points.



4 comments:

  1. Visual display is a great way to describe how slides should be designed. It definitely takes creativity to design an effective presentation. Slides should be more than just text, they should capture the attention of the audience while the presenter is presenting the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that color and font a huge for Presentations. They help to pull your audience in and keep them engaged. Also, less words is important since we don't want our audience to just read our presentation like a speech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the "less is more" ideas that I learned in this project. I especially think it will help with my third grade students, because they can focus on the image and listen to me at the same time rather than try to read a lot of text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you took a lot from the lesson, which is great. Now that you know so much more about presentations, it will be easier to see the positives and negatives in other people's presentations, which will carry over into making your own even better. I agree that presentations are visual displays. They are an art form!

    ReplyDelete